1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Ticket auto assignment

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by Viktor Kravchuk, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Viktor Kravchuk

Viktor Kravchuk New Member

Hi there!

We are using Kayako Case 4.67.0. I'm interested in implementation of next function:
    I want recently submited (via support center and e-mail) unassigned ticket from certain department to be automatically assigned to random staff from that department. Is it possible to do in box? Ready to make some changes in files, but need some suggestions or documentation.

Thanks alot!

2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

This is not possible out of the box. You will have to edit the software source code to add this functionality.

3. Viktor Kravchuk

Thank's for reply! Have you any suggestions or documentation which will help me in realization of this task?

4. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

There is no documentation but you probably need to edit the code in the client/Controller_Submit file and if you are parsing the emails, you need to edit the email parser too to auto assign the tickets.

Viktor Kravchuk likes this.
  5. Viktor Kravchuk

Thanks a lot for hint! :)