Ticket ID at _end_ of subject line?

Discussion in 'Smaller features and tweaks' started by Marvin Herbold, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Marvin Herbold

Marvin Herbold Established Member

Is there any way to make Kayako put the ticket id at the end of the subject line instead of at the beginning? The reason I ask this is because having it at the beginning makes subject lines ugly on mobile phones - the real subject line is pushed out of the view and all the client sees is the ticket id. If it is not possible, can someone familiar with the code point me in the right direction to make the changes myself?
  2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Hi Marvin,

No, this isn't possible yet but it is a very interesting point. I'll move this thread to the feature requests forum
  3. wool

wool New Member

Any update on this feature request? Could it be under consideration for a future release? I just posted a thread today in the developers forum to try to get some advice on modifying the php code to do this as well, but it would be really awesome if it was just a configurable option in the admin control panel (i.e. configurable name: subject line ticket id location with dropdown choices: beginning/end). It seems most other ticket systems put the ticket id at the end of the subject and we would like ours to do this as well.
  4. Goran

Goran New Member

Modify the following file : _modules/tickets/library/Ticket/class.SWIFT_Ticket.php

Find something like:

PHP:
          switch ($_mailType) {
                case 
    self::MAIL_NOTIFICATION:
                    return 
    '[' $_finalSubjectPrefix '!' $this->GetTicketDisplayID() . ']: ' $_finalSubject;
                    break;

case 
    self::MAIL_CLIENT:
                    return 
    '[' $_finalSubjectPrefix '#' $this->GetTicketDisplayID() . ']: ' $_finalSubject;
                    break;

case 
    self::MAIL_THIRDPARTY:
                    return 
    '[' $_finalSubjectPrefix '~' $this->GetTicketDisplayID() . ']: ' $_finalSubject;
                    break;

default:
                    break;
            }
    At line 4297 in my installation.

and replace it with :

PHP:
            switch ($_mailType) {
                case 
    self::MAIL_NOTIFICATION:
                    return  
    $_finalSubject ' [' $_finalSubjectPrefix '!' $this->GetTicketDisplayID() . ']';
                    break;

case 
    self::MAIL_CLIENT:
                    return  
    $_finalSubject ' [' $_finalSubjectPrefix '#' $this->GetTicketDisplayID() . ']';
                    break;

case 
    self::MAIL_THIRDPARTY:
                    return  
    $_finalSubject ' [' $_finalSubjectPrefix '~' $this->GetTicketDisplayID() . ']';
                    break;

default:
                    break;
            }
  5. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.