1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Ticket ID at the end of ticket subject

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by Mimue, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Mimue

Mimue Established Member

Hi there,

would it be possible to have the ticket ID placed at the end of the ticket subject in emails?

Best regards,
    Michael.

2. dheremans

dheremans Member

It would if Kayako would finally try and understand that different customers have different requirements.
    I for one would not like to see the ticket ID there AT ALL; they can easily use the mail headers to process ticket replies, and add them to the ticket.

Unfortunately, it seems as all of these promised that were already made for v4 will NEVER see the daylight, and there WILL be a day that Kayako will regret it.

3. Mimue

Mimue Established Member

Hi dheremans,

many thanks for sharing your insights and history with K. - in the other threads, too. !
    Yes very dissapointing to many of us.

Not seeing the ticket ID would be indeed the best for us for some of our email cues. Not for all but for the most.
    Because just seeing a number in the subject makes customers easily feel just as a number ...

I am not into software and programming things at all.

You say it should be easy for K to move the Ticket ID into the header? Is this correct?

Best regards and many thanks,
    Michael.

4. dheremans

dheremans Member

Just look at how gmail for instance can put email responses together in threads - you don't see any tracking ID in the subject line there...
    They just read email headers (MIME headers), and one of the headers says "hey, this email is a response to a previous email with mail ID xxxx"; you can basically use that information to link mails to the same ticket.

So yes - it would be that simple.
    Even though I must add to that information that it would not work when using the standard php mail() function as it does not allow you to put your own message ID there; it may be overridden by your server's mail service... If you send through an outgoing smtp server however, there is nothing stopping you from adding that key... Theoretically you might do it using php's mail() function as well, but I've seen services that ignore that header when passed through mail()...

Either way - it's perfectly possible, and it does in deed eliminate the "hey custtomer number XYZ" feeling...

5. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi all,

This is indeed an area we are addressing with our next major release, and it is going to be handled by using mail headers rather than ticket ID's in the subject or body. ( although you can still put the ID in the subject/body if you wish )

I can understand the lack of faith some of you feel, and there is not much I can really say to change that, as it is in our actions and our next major release which will truly answer that.

Gary

6. Andreas Stråhle

Andreas Stråhle New Member

Is this fixed yet ? this is a major issue for us.
    Displaying ticket id:s in the subject looks so amateur....