1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

TicketAlert Professional 0.7 for Mac available

Discussion in 'Apps' started by Marcel Trapman, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Marcel Trapman

Marcel Trapman iOS Developer Staff Member

TicketAlert Professional for Mac

TicketAlert was updated today to version 0.7.

Not only did we make the below changes but we also introduce TicketAlert Professional.

[new] Added support for multiple helpdesks (Professional).
    [new] Added helpdesk tree (Professional).

The following is new/changed for both versions:

[new] Added window to buy a license and register from within TicketAlert.
    [new] Added option to enable/disable a helpdesk refresh.
    [new] Added option to make menu stick.
    [change] Redesigned menu to accomodate helpdesk tree.
    [change] Maximum interval is now 1440 minutes instead of 100 minutes.
    [change] Optimized refresh engine.

When you want to find out more about TicketAlert or want to download it you can do so at IT2BE :: TicketAlert
  2. Marcel Trapman

Probably tomorrow we will release a new version with a nice addition.

I am adding a new transparent panel to TicketAlert Professional that will display a history of tickets received.
    This way you can click the tickets away or work without Growl and all tickets will be stored.
    You can doubleclick on them to navigate to the ticket and, when you don't want to have them in the history anymore you can delete them.

I sure hope you are going to like this addition!
  3. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

hmmm went to download the update and wont install says its not correctly signed
  4. Marcel Trapman

Please use my support system for this Steve, makes it so much easier for me since I already have a support system :)

Don't understand why it would tell you this, there is no signature and it is not needed.
    Will look into this today...
  5. Marcel Trapman

Got it, I was confused because you mentioned a download but I guess you meant to say update?
    Through the built in update manager?

I noticed indeed that something goes wrong with that.
    Will change it today and upload a new version.
  6. Marcel Trapman

We released version 0.8.

We moved the helpdesks tree from the menu to a new floating black transparent panel (based on feedback) and added a stored list of all received alerts to that same panel.
    By double clicking in the tree or an alert you open up a link in your browser

When you still see that 'unsigned' message when updating through TicketAlert it is advised to download the .dmg from http://www.it2be.com.
  7. Marcel Trapman

TicketAlert for Mac 1.0 available now

Today we released version 1.0 of TicketAlert for Mac.

Wit this new release we ironed out a couple of little issues, moved to a new database engine for future plans and we added an option to use Filters.
    Filters are available in TicketAlert Professional Edition.

With Filters you can Include, Exclude or Exclude Alert for an notification based on a regular expression.
    You can use one Filter per Helpdesk.

You can read more about TicketAlert at IT2BE :: TicketAlert
  8. Marcel Trapman

TicketAlert for Mac 1.1 available now

Today we released version 1.1 of TicketAlert for Mac.

TicketAlert Professional already offered:
    - receive notifications for more than one helpdesk.
    - use a filter to Include or Exclude a notification from the History Dialog or only for showing an Alert.
    - a (selectable) helpdesk/department tree in the History Panel.
    - a (selectable) history stack of received notifications in the History Panel.

And we added the following (Professional) features:
    - use of 'normal' menu.
    - an alert counter in status bar (when using the 'normal' menu).
    - change sort order of received alerts.

We hope you like it.

When you want to download TicketAlert or want to read more you can go to IT2BE :: TicketAlert
  9. Marcel Trapman

TicketAlert for Mac 1.1.3 available now

Today we released version 1.1.3 of TicketAlert for Mac.

This is an important update for people working with TicketAlert Professional on Snow Leopard.

When you use the 'regular' status menu on your Mac, running under Snow Leopard, the menu does not work correct with versions before 1.1.3.
  10. Marcel Trapman

TicketAlert for Mac 1.5 available now

Version 1.5 of TicketAlert Professional was released yesterday.

With this release we also introduced new icons, especially designed for TicketAlert.

You can read more about new features and the new icons at IT2BE.net | TicketAlert
  11. Marcel Trapman

There is somebody named 'Steve' who sent me a support ticket from within TicketAlert but forgot to include his email address.
    I would love to reply but, as you can understand, it is a little difficult to send an email to 'void' :)
  12. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

well wasn't me :)
  13. Marcel Trapman

When you want the benefits of TicketAlert Professional but want it for free we have an offer that you can not refuse.

TicketAlert Professional costs $19.95 per single user license but now you can get TicketAlert Professional for free via TrialPay.

TrialPay is a method that allows you as a customer interested in TicketAlert Professional to get it for free by subscribing or (optionally) purchasing a product from one of the sponsors.
    You can read more about it here...
  14. Marcel Trapman

TicketAlert for Mac 1.6 available now

Yesterday we updated TicketAlert to version 1.6.

Apart from a few minor fixes we added two new functions to TicketAlert Professional. In the Alerts preference screen we added 2 new choices:

- A preference to add ToDo's to iCal.
    - A preference to add ToDo's to Things.

When you make your choice for one or both of these settings (although one should be enough) TicketAlert will create a ToDo in the application of your choice.
    Before creating a ToDo TicketAlert will first check for an earlier created ToDo based on the Ticket ID in the link that is added to the notes.

I hope you have fun with these new functions.
    I am sure this is just the beginning of what is possible so please let me know if you have a feature request. For that you can use the feedback dialog (help > feedback) or create a ticket on our website (IT2BE.net | Home).

Have fun with TicketAlert.

Marcel