1. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako 3, which reached end of life in 2012. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (i.e. plain wrong!).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

two departments/templates but I want one news source

Discussion in 'Kayako 3 Forums' started by webawere, Feb 8, 2008.

1. webawere

webawere Member

Hi,

I created two departments/templategroups and that looks good.

Now I want to add news. But the thing is that the news is for both templategroups and not just for one.

So I want to each newsitem to appear in both templategroups. That is possible isn't it (I hope)? But I can only selecte one templategroup per newsitem.

I hope I am missing something...
    regards,
    Michel.

2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

No, this is not possible at the moment. The current version will only allow you to add news articles per template and will not allow you to assign to multiple templates as its possible for KB or Downloads section.

3. webawere

webawere Member

Too bad... I have this own-written news-system now, I think I keep on using that in my backoffice for adding newsitems and make an API to add/copy them to the corresponding templategroups. That should work I guess and I trust that in the nearby future newsitems will work like the FAQ items :rolleyes:

4. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

I suppose they would be adding it.