1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Uncaught exception

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Classic Download)' started by IT Helpdesk, Dec 17, 2012.

1. IT Helpdesk

IT Helpdesk New Member

Hi,
    I have inherited a system to maintain so unfortunately am very sketchy on how this system actually works
    Problem I'm having is that following an unexpected power off the other day the helpdesk database seems to be having a fit when I try to login.
    However other websites using the MySQL are unaffected

I dont know how much info I would need to detail about the error message to be able to throw myself upon the mercy of the forums for assistance but here goes

Browse to the URL: http://xxxx.co.uk/support/staff
    The login box comes up fine
    Enter credentials
    Then get the error screen up
    Uncaught Exception
    Replace Query: 2006:MySQL server has gone away in ./__swift/library/Database/class.SWIFT_Database.php:1094
    #0 File: ./__swift/models/Session/class.SWIFT_Session.php Line: 547 Function: SWIFT_Database->Replace(swsessions, (, 0, 0, 0, 0s3dgpn709vooppxeb3vnpspdk6iepvi, 192.168.26.254, integer 1355753025, integer 1355753025, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox, integer 1, integer 20, 9, 5ntkrevxjv75peyvrx3a1f1nco9w2f4g), (sessionid))
    #1 ./__swift/models/Session/class.SWIFT_Session.php(576): SWIFT_Session::Insert(20, '9')
    #2 ./__swift/library/Controllers/class.Controller_StaffBase.php(16): SWIFT_Session::InsertAndStart('9')
    #3 ./__swift/apps/core/staff/class.Controller_Default.php(70): Controller_StaffBase->_Login()
    #4 [internal function]: Controller_Default->Login()
    #5 ./__swift/library/MVC/class.SWIFT_Controller.php(369): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 ./__swift/library/App/class.SWIFT_App.php(176): SWIFT_Controller::Load(Object(SWIFT_Interface), Object(SWIFT_App), Object(SWIFT_Router), false)
    #7 ./__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php(16): SWIFT_App->ExecuteController(Object(SWIFT_Router))
    #8 ./__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php(16): SWIFT->Initialize()
    #9 ./__swift/swift.php(16): SWIFT::GetInstance()
    #10 ./staff/index.php(29): require_once('./__...')
    #11 {main}

The MySQL service stops with a particularly unhelpful Microsoft message "MySQLd.exe has stopped working"

As I said I'm really not au fait with MySQL so any pointers etc you can give would be most gratefully received

Cheers
    Ben

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Ben
    This means that the MySQL server has disappeared/crashed/for some reason is blocking connections and really something that should be forwarded to your system administrator as it is not something you'd expect or want to be happening :)

3. IT Helpdesk

IT Helpdesk New Member

Additionally, it does appear that the helpdesk is functioning in the background as if I create a ticket by emailing it in I get a confirmation that the ticket has been created.
    It is just if I try to login to the portal that I get the issue

4. IT Helpdesk

IT Helpdesk New Member

Hi Jamie,
    Thanks for the reply but I AM the new system administrator ;)
    My issue is that it only seems to be the portal/ GUI that is broken
    The MySQL service does crash (which explains the 'server has gone away' message) but I am trying to work out why or what I can do to resolve.

Ben

5. MisterPopularity

MisterPopularity Established Member

I can take a look at this for you, free of charge. I believe I may have seen this before.

6. IT Helpdesk

IT Helpdesk New Member

Hi,
    That would be really useful if you dont mind
    I'm in the UK and I'm guessing from your posting time you are US based?
    Thats a good time for us to catch up on here?

7. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

Have you tried clearing out ( deleting ) the cache folder on the webserver, and also ran a link to rebuild the helpdesk cache? its possible when the server crashed, it damaged the cache in an unhelpful way.

http://yourdomain.com/helpdesk-installation-directory/staff/index.php?/Core/Default/RebuildCache

Also, if that does not work, log into the MySQL server, and ensure it has not "crashed" any of the MySQL tables in your kayako database, if it has, either restore the database from backups, or run a repair to fix the crashed tables.

Gary

8. JohnM

JohnM New Member

I'd suggest checking your web server vhost config as your link is currently returning this error:

Not Found
    The requested URL /support/staff was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at xxxx.co.uk Port 80

9. bear

bear Kayako Guru

I'm guessing that's not really his domain, but just an example to show the problem. ;)