Understand endpoint failures

Discussion in 'Using the new Kayako' started by Phil R, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

This right now is a complete non-issue... provided everything from a 3rd party perspective is operating normally, and for that matter, Kayako is attempting things normally.

In the event of a Endpoint failure, how would we investigate the problem?

For example, my manual tests using a local test suite may be passing whilst calling a mock and if needed, a production 3rd party API, along with possible manual tests using something like the Postman Chrome extension.

However, in the event that problems are occurring when injecting them into actual Endpoints, how can I inspect them?

I could use something like requestb.in or runscope.com, however they may mask the issue (more around connectivity, or source specific problems).

Is there a facilitate to get a log of the request, indicating timeout, failure response code or such?

At the very least, can support provide a full trace of a request (request headers/body, response headers/body, response time)?

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Phil,

Great question! I've already raised a request for this myself awhile ago, as I was testing out endpoints and had some issues and could not figure out the issue. Since there was no diagnostic screen, I had to use trial and error, so I raised an improvement request to give us the ability to view the response headers in a testing screen somewhere. So we have it planned.

Gary