1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

update to 4.64 frozen to Automatic Upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Classic Download)' started by stefano.coccia, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Hi, I try to upgrade at 4.64 but after the 3° step when do the automatic upgrade the system froze...
    Hi see
    App: core (Page 1 of 1) (ok)
    Processing App: core

and the button "please wait" is blanck, I waiting 1 hour but nothing... why?

2. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Suggest you raise this direct with support via my.kayako.com so Kayako staff can have a look at it directly

3. I have do...
    tnx

4. Saurabh Singla

Saurabh Singla Kayako Staff

To resolve this, I would suggest you two methods:

1) Empty the swsearchindex table of the help desk database using the following query:

delete from swsearchindex;

And then try upgrading the help desk, the swsearchindex can be rebuild later on

2) Then try upgrading the help desk from the console by navigating to the document root of the web server where help desk files are stored and then entering inside the setup directory and finally executing the command:

php console.upgrade.php

Note: Make sure that the files of the latest build of the help desk are not overwritten instead you have removed all the help desk files from document and placed the newer build files and finally replace the following:

files
    config

These are under __swift

Also make sure that the following help desk files have 777/full permissions recursively:

__apps
    __swift/files
    __swift/cache
    __swift/geoip
    __swift/logs

Make sure to check the value of PHP parameters and set them them accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Saurabh Singla

5. Saurabh Singla

I missed to inform you about the minimum value of the PHP parameters that are :

1) max_execution_time : 600
    2) max_input_time : 600
    3) memory_limit : 512M
    4) post_max_size : 20M
    5) upload_max_filesize : 20 M

These needs to be changed from the configuration file of PHP that is php.ini and make sure to restart the web service after that.

Please rebuild the help desk cache after successful upgrade. The url for that is http://helpdeskurl/staff/index.php?/Core/Default/RebuildCache

6. ivyong

ivyong New Member

I am having same issue as well. is the issue able to resolved? how long it takes for this step 3?

7. Saurabh Singla

This issue basically arises because of the following reasons:

1) PHP parameters are not set to the recommended values, you may check that from the above post.
    2) Database size is huge and in that case you need to empty the swsearchindex table of the help desk database.
    3) The latest build files of the help desk are overwritten, and in this case you need to make sure that you empty the document root first and then place the newer build files and finally replace the files, config and geoip directory under __swift.
    4) If this all does not helps, please try running the upgrade from the console:

Navigate to the document root of the web server where help desk files are stored and then enter inside the setup directory and finally execute the command:

php console.upgrade.php

I hope these recommendation will help you to complete the upgrade.

Regards,

Saurabh Singla

8. ivyong

ivyong New Member

after below actions, then it works.

re-create new production folder with new builds (except file and geoip under _swift folder) and set file permission
    cleared the swsearchindex

thanks for the help

9. Saurabh Singla

I am glad to hear that you have successfully upgraded your help desk.

Regards,

Saurabh Singla

10. Santiago

Santiago Member

Thanks a lot for this. It worked like a charm.