1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Uploading Images to the Knowledgebase

Discussion in 'Kayako 3 Forums' started by Carlos87, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Carlos87

Carlos87 New Member

We are testing the DEMO version of Supportsuite for adquire a Full License of this application

We need to know if is possible to upload images to the server where the application SupportSuite is Installed, cause we dont want to use the URL references for using images in the Knowledgebase.

If any way or module to perform this action for make easier the image use in the knowledgebase Wysiwyg editor?
    Anyone can explain me an alternative if it possible?

THanks.:D

2. Carl Silver

Carl Silver Reputed Member

as far as i know, this isnt possible. but i wish it was a feature :(

3. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Planned for V4, apparently.

4. greg

greg Established Member

I'm on V4 but the Editor still does not seem to allow me to simply upload images.
    Is there a setting I'm missing?

5. Paul_Concep

Paul_Concep Member

Can I have an update on this? I find that having to host images manually is very time consuming.

6. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

7. greg

greg Established Member

Thank you Andres, that is perfect!

8. Jordi

Jordi New Member

Hi Greg,

Please can you explain how to use install it?

9. ChetFarmer

ChetFarmer Member

Yes, please. I'm wrasslin' with this right now, and not really getting any traction.

One issue appears to be that TinyMCE is called via Gzip in Kayako, so it's not clear how to add imagemanager to the install.

There are instructions here:

and where I get bogged down is

2. Add imagemanager to the TinyMCE init plugins option.​
    3. Add insertimage to the list of buttons in the TinyMCE init options.​

because it's not clear how those can be done within Kayako. I found a call to a tinyMCE_GZ.init routine in tiny_mce_gzip.php, and added imagemanager there, but I have no idea if that is right, and no idea how to proceed to step 3, above.

Help!

10. Caitlin Taylor

Caitlin Taylor New Member

Does anyone have an update on this?

11. malocite

malocite Member

I'm confused. I have to buy another program in order to upload images into my knowledgebase articles?

12. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Malocite,

Currently the kayako system does not have the option to upload images to KB articles as your writing them. ( Although I believe its on the roapmap for a feature )

What the above people are doing is purchasing a plugin to one of the libraries kayako uses, and that plugin allows image uploading. ( so its really a paid for workaround until kayako add such features )

Gary

13. malocite

malocite Member

groan.... I'll look into it. I think the knowledgebase is a really cool feature and I'd like to use it... I'm just gritting my teeth over the idea of having to pay for it. I wish they had used wordpress or something. Oh well :(

Do you have a link to the roadmap it would be interesting to see what features are coming next.

14. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I am afraid there is no big roadmap, its just things I have read for "in the works"

I just noticed above people are unsure on how to get it working, missed that!

For those wishing to actually use the imagemanager plugin.

To get it working, you will need to edit this file ( core.js ) located at __swift\themes\admin_default

Goto line ~596, you will see this: function LoadTinyMCE() {

Just below that, is the plugins and buttons options.

Gary

Asbjorn.B likes this.
  15. Asbjorn.B

Asbjorn.B Member

Wow. Thanks! Solved my problem with ibrowser.

16. williaml

williaml New Member

I used the jbimages.
    1. modify the config file
    2. upload to plugins
    3. modify the core.js (plugins : "jbimages,safari,pagebreak, ....) and (theme_advanced_buttons1 : "formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,forecolor,backcolor,|,jbimages",)

17. grmbl

grmbl Member

Can anybody help me in getting jbimages working?
    I've put the jbimages folder in TinyMCE\plugins and edited the config.php to match my settings.
    I've then edited __swift\themes\admin_default\core.js like this:

PHP:
    function LoadTinyMCE() {
        if (!$(
    '.tinymce').length) {
            return 
    false;
        }

$(
    '.tinymce').tinymce({

// General options

script_url swiftpath '__swift/thirdparty/TinyMCE/tiny_mce_gzip.php',

theme "advanced",

plugins "jbimages,safari,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template",

// Theme options

theme_advanced_buttons1 "formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,forecolor,backcolor,|,jbimages",

theme_advanced_buttons2 "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview",

theme_advanced_buttons3 "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,media,advhr,pagebreak|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",

theme_advanced_toolbar_location "top",

theme_advanced_toolbar_align "left",

theme_advanced_statusbar_location "bottom",

theme_advanced_resizing true,
    //        force_br_newlines : true,

force_p_newlines true,

forced_root_block '',

content_css swiftpath '__swift/themes/admin_default/tinymce.css'

});
    };
    But the button does not appear in the MCE editor, I've tried clearing browser cache + Resolve cache but no luck in getting this working.
    I've tried removing "fullscreen" plugin but it seems like that does not affect the TinyMCE?!

What am I doing wrong here?
    We need to create lots of knowledgebase articles but it would be nice to have this image upload function available!!!

Thanks in advance!

Stanny

18. DonLapeno

DonLapeno Established Member

Just saw this, 2 years after the fact and still no image upload feature......please kayako!!! add this!