Using New Kayako Successfully?

Discussion in 'Using the new Kayako' started by Joe Graw, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Joe Graw

Joe Graw Established Member

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone that was self hosted has now fully migrated over to the new kayako version and if so would you consider it successful? What is working better in the new version compared to the old? I try to keep up on the release information but it seems like there are still quite a few things missing or needing to be developed and deployed.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Joe

2. Aledent

Aledent New Member

Hi,

We switched from self hosted to new kayako and the result is mixed.
    We imported our old DB to the new Kayako.

The overall interface is better, better search, KB is okay but you are limited to 3 level hierarchy.
    From the customer point of view it's certainly better.

For the agent, the big big downsize for the moment is the speed. God, this is slow... compared to self hosted.
    Submitting a case from agent area takes 30-60 sec. We often have glitches where a case won't submit.
    Our agent team is quite frustrated with this...

There were other bugs, & glitches, some were fixed with monthly updates..

Overall, i would say that it might be better to test really carefully before switching to new kayako, maybe even wait for more updates.

3. Joe Graw

Joe Graw Established Member

Thanks for that feedback! Your comments are very helpful. I am curious if there are any others that have made this transition and if you could share your experience here.

4. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Aledent - I'm sorry for the slowness. The data you migrated (which included 100s of options in your custom select fields) caught us off-guard: we had some under-optimised code and queries in this area that only became apparent once you brought your data with you.

I understand the team has been working on this and a significant update is out already, with one more to follow. Case replies should be sub-1 second, and navigating the app a breeze. Sorry for the trouble so far and I am glad to hear the rest of your experience has been good.

5. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

What type of products/services does your help desk support where custom select fields would have hundreds of entries?
    Or do you have dozens of custom select fields with a few options in each?

6. Aledent

Aledent New Member

Hi Jamie,

Yes, we are happy with the speed now, thank for the fix.

I still think the the new Kayako is not yet at the same level as K4 in term of customization but it's nice to see that you guys are working hard to improve (updates are quite regular).
    If I look back, I think we might have upgraded at bit too early which caused me and my team some troubles.

Here are the features we are waiting for:

- Full multi-language support (Email notifications, Helpdesk, etc.)
    - Ability to merge cases
    - See history of customer and email address in his ticket. For the moment you can see it by clicking on the customer tab, but it's not that convenient.
    - When a customer receives a survey for a case, and he replies to it, it will create a new ticket instead of attaching his reply to the original case.
    - In the Insights section, the customs statuses are not mentioned. This makes the statistics not that useful for us at the moment because we use 2 different status to close cases.
    - When your "start a conversation" it shows the available forms (example: support, sales, etc.) . We want the ability to hide some of these, but it must still be accessible via direct link).
    For the moment you can only deactivate totally the whole form.

I think some of these are already planned by Kayako.

Masterctrl11,
    For example for have a country field with all the countries...
    We also have "cascading select" with 50+ product/versions.

A. L