1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

V4 Big Screen Ticket Monitoring

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by DeanV, Feb 9, 2011.

1. marandia

marandia New Member

/wallboard it's present in last update of kayako...at the moment we don't know if works.

Will be nice have 2 options for this great funcionality ;-)

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Eventually we will be providing a wallboard framework. At present, there is no functionality I am afraid

Carl Silver likes this.
  3. chatzworld

chatzworld Established Member

when I try to install this i get the following error

[User Error]: #0 /__swift/modules/core/admin/class.Controller_Module.php(181): SWIFT_Module::RetrieveSetupDatabaseObject('ticketlist')
    #1 /__swift/library/MVC/class.SWIFT_Controller.php(335): Controller_Module->Install('ticketlist')
    #2 /__swift/library/Module/class.SWIFT_Module.php(164): SWIFT_Controller::Load(Array, Array)
    #3 /__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php(748): SWIFT_Module->ExecuteController()
    #4 /__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php(902): SWIFT->Initialize()
    #5 /__swift/swift.php(140): SWIFT::GetInstance()
    #6/admin/index.php(28): require_once('/home/chitchat/...')
    #7 {main}
    Invalid Data Provided (library/class.SWIFT.php:751)

4. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

Thats saying it can find the config folder/files

Is the folder set up like this?
    __modules/ticketlist/admin/
    __modules/ticketlist/config/
    __modules/ticketlist/images/
    __modules/ticketlist/includes/
    __modules/ticketlist/locale/
    __modules/ticketlist/staff/
    __modules/ticketlist/themes/

That is how the folder should be set up.

It sounds like it might be set up like this:
    __modules/ticketlist/ticketlist/admin/
    __modules/ticketlist/ticketlist/config/
    __modules/ticketlist/ticketlist/images/
    __modules/ticketlist/ticketlist/includes/
    __modules/ticketlist/ticketlist/locale/
    __modules/ticketlist/ticketlist/staff/
    __modules/ticketlist/ticketlist/themes/

5. chatzworld

that was it :) thanks

6. mblendinger

mblendinger Established Member

first: Thank you for the free module!

I installed and it work, but I configure it to show the tickets with various statuses, but it show only one status.

7. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

If you have multiple statuses selected then it should show. There are only two things i can think of, some of the statuses correspond with a department that you chose not to show tickets for.

Or its another bug with the staff groups selection, which i will be fixing soon (probably tonight). Once i fix that then staff groups shouldn't be an issue :)

8. mblendinger

mblendinger Established Member

I install it and now the email parser stop working, is the only change I do today in the support desk. Some idea ? I already try uninstalling it but the problem is still there.
    In the parser log it show "Result: invalid data provided" but all emails.

Please let me know ASAP how can I fix it cause I have the support desk working without email parsing now.

9. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

My module doesn't have anything to do with the email parser, it is completely seperate from the system in that all it does is read data from the database, it doesn't alter any other settings in the system.

The problem with that is most likley a sperate issue.

10. Joost Sanders

Joost Sanders Reputed Member

That cannot have anything to do with this plugin. It can have something to do with the upgrade.
    File a support ticket with Kayako. I had the same issue and they solved it for me with. If I recall it correctly, it had something to do with having to re-save all template groups and email queues manually so the cache would be cleared.

11. Shamil

Shamil Established Member

Looks like I can't' change the settings. The view just doesn't load! Is there any way to get the standalone one working without having to login?

I'm on 4.01.179 :)

12. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

Shamil likes this.
  13. Shamil

Thanks Dean, updated my post to reflect another question.

14. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

That is something I was going to play around with because it would be more beneficial to not have to log in to use that :)

15. Shamil

Having it up on the big screen in the office, without someone being logged in (security) would be very beneficial. Unfortunately, I haven't studied Kayako to such degree that I can play with it.

16. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

It should be possible I just set it up so that a user needs to be logged in.

Perhaps that could be a setting, if (from a security aspect) you require someone to be logged in to view it or if you just want anyone to be able to access it (like on a big screen)

I will play around later tonight probably :p

Shamil likes this.
  17. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

Ok I have made a few changes to the ticket list script, but it seems I am unable to edit my first post so I will have to post here and ask Jamie to either give me access to edit my post or get him to.

Anyway what I have changed.
    Ticket List Version 1.2
    • Converted all the files encoding to UTF-8 without BOM to attempt to reduce some errors.
    • Added 3 new settings under the General Settings
      • Use Staff Groups - A toggle if to use the staff groups filter options or not. Defaults to No
      • Use Ticket Status - A toggle if to use the ticket status filter options or not. Defaults to Yes
      • Use Departments - A toggle if to use the departments filter options or not. Defaults to Yes
    • Added a new setting area called highlighting settings, with 2 new settings
      • Overdue Time - The amount of time that has passed since the ticket was last active before it is marked as overdue. Default is 24 hours. Example is Ticket A has not been responded to for 24 hours so it is marked as overdue, this changes the highlighting of that ticket in the list.
      • High Priority Time - The amount of time that has passed since the ticket was last active before it is marked as a high priority. Default is 2 hours. Example is Ticket A has not been responded to for 2 hours so it is marked as a high priority, this changes the highlighting of that ticket in the list.
    • Added the ability to view the ticket list without having to be logged in. The link for this is http://<DOMAINNAME>/index.php?/ticketlist/TicketList/RenderStandalone
      **NOTE** It is important to note that this means anyone in the world could view your ticket list. All they need to know is that you use this module and your support desk URL. I recommend not using this.
    • In response to the above note I have added a new setting under Security Settings
      • Require Login - This setting is used to determine if a person attempting to view the ticket list must be logged in as a staff member or not. If this is set to yes, when they attempt to view the above URL they will be redirected to one that requires them to be logged in. Defaults to Yes
    That should cover most of the issues and requests posted thus far :)

To do the upgrade, simply extract the zip in the __modules folder replacing all files. Log into the Admin CP got to Modules, select the Ticket List module and click on upgrade.

As always let me know if you find bugs or have more requests.

Attached Files:

Makc666 and Shamil like this.
  18. chatzworld

great update and love the fact you can now turn on/off the standalone requiring a login! very good work

19. swilders

swilders Established Member

A suggestion for the RenderStandalone - it would be good if we could specify IP addresses that are allowed to view this.

20. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

I am just testing that functionality and was going to release an update allowing you to do just that in the next few days :)

Makc666 likes this.