V4 Big Screen Ticket Monitoring

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by DeanV, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Chris Bell

Chris Bell Established Member

Hi, I get an error on that when I press install.

[User Error]: #0 /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/support/__swift/library/Module/class.SWIFT_Module.php(840): SWIFT_Module::RetrieveSetupDatabaseObject()
    #1 /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/support/__swift/modules/core/admin/class.Controller_Module.php(181): SWIFT_Module::RetrieveSetupDatabaseObject()
    #2 /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/support/__swift/library/MVC/class.SWIFT_Controller.php(335): Controller_Module->Install('ticketlist')
    #3 /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/support/__swift/library/Module/class.SWIFT_Module.php(164): SWIFT_Controller::Load()
    #4 /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/support/__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php(762): SWIFT_Module->ExecuteController()
    #5 /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/support/__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php(916): SWIFT->Initialize()
    #6 /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/support/__swift/swift.php(144): SWIFT::GetInstance()
    #7 /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/support/admin/index.php(28): unknown()
    #8 {main}
    Invalid data provided (library/class.SWIFT.php:765)

2. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

3. Chris Bell

... Doh....

Ok that worked thanks - But It hangs if I try and get into the Ticket List settings.

Works ok within the helpdesk though.

Chris

4. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

There is a bug with the settings, if you load them by clicking the Ticket List Menu at the top then click the Settings sub menu it will load. (Attached image for details)

Going through the Admin CP -> Settings it hangs, I know why but havn't figured out how to fix it yet.

Attached Files:

5. Chris Bell

6. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

You need to copy one file.

There is a file here: __modules/ticketlist/themes/admin_default/ticketliststandalone.tpl

that you need to copy to here: __swift/themes/admin_default

Then everything should work for you :)

7. Chris Bell

Thats Great, Thanks Dean.

Chris

8. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

My latest version of the ticketing list is available.

Ticket List Version 1.3
    • Added additional security settings.
      • Restrict IP's - A yes or no setting, if set to yes then the system will attempt to match any IP addresses in the setting below to the one viewing the ticket list.
      • Allowed IP's - This setting allows you to specify single IP addresses or IP address ranges of allowed computers to view the public ticket list (the one that does not require a log in to see). These IP addresses can be internal ones (example: 192.168.1.100).
      • A Note: this IP check is only done if the Require Login is set to no, the Restrict IP's is set to yes and there is a valid IP in the Allowed IP's. The security check is only preformed on the public ticket list (the one that requires no login) and it is not preformed on the ticket list only visible by staff members.
    • I have removed the style.css and replaced it with settings.
      • Font Family- Select the font family for all the text of the ticket list
      • Font Size - Select the size of the font
      • Standalone Page Background Color - This is the background color of the page for the standalone version.
      • List Heading Color - This is the color of the heading text
      • Override Default Text Color - The font color is automatically determined based on the background color (Black for light backgrounds, white for dark backgrounds. This setting will override that with a default color.
      • Text Color - The default text color used for the above setting
      • Normal Row Color - This is the background color for normal rows, the ticket count row is considered a normal row
      • New Row Color - This is the row color of tickets that are considered to be new. New tickets are tickets that have not reached the high priority status.
      • High Priority Row Color - This is the row color of tickets that are considered to be a high priority, close to being due. The time limit for high priority tickets is set above in the High Priority Time setting.
      • Overdue Row Color - This is the row color of tickets that are considered overdue. The time limit for overdue tickets is set above in the Overdue Time setting.
      • Escalated Row Color - This is the row color of tickets that are escalated.
      • Enable Row Highlighting
        • Yes - If enabled this will highlight rows that the mouse cursor is currently over. The highlight color is determined by lightening the current background color.
        • No - There is no row highlighting at all
        • Override - This overrides the generated color (the lightening) to a default color.
      • Highlighting Override Color - This is the color used for row highlighting for all rows if the above setting is set to Override.
    • Re-organized the settings page to be in a "better" order.
    • A couple little bug fixes
    I apologize in advance to those who spent time customizing their style.css file. If this turns out to be a big issue, let me know and I will look at ways of allowing to use either settings or the file.

The improved security settings should help protect your ticket list from prying eyes, if my above explanations are confusing just ask and i will attempt to explain it in more detail.

And as always post any bugs, comments or suggestions.

Hope you all enjoy it :)

Attached Files:

FrankSmith likes this.
  9. Chris Bell

Opps - loaded that one and I can't see any of the faults unless I hover the mouse over them..

Chris

10. Chris Bell

Sorry - needed installing didnt it... Muppett...

11. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

Yes sorry i should have said that. Once you copy the files over you need to log into the admin cp -> modules -> click on ticket list -> select upgrade.

12. FrankSmith

FrankSmith Established Member

Love it!!! - Love it!!! - Love it!!! What more can I say?

DeanV likes this.
  13. FrankSmith

FrankSmith Established Member

Dean

Is it possible to enable/disable the use of TicketList in Staff/Teams.

Our scenario is that we have field engineers who are normally restricted to view only their own tickets. Yesterday one off the bright sparks called the helpdesk and asked why he was given a particular ticket to deal with instead of one of the other engineers. To view all the tickets he just clicked the Ticketlist and hey presto he could see all 60 tickets today.

Regards

Frank

14. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

Ah good point. Hmmm I will have to play around with setting up some permissions on either a per user level or per group.

I can't give you an eta for that however since I need to experiment but I will let you know as soon as i can :)

FrankSmith likes this.
  15. Hybrid

Hybrid Established Member

Hi Dean,

We seem to be having a few problems with this one.

The standalone viewer doesn't seem to work, all we get is a blank white page. Our error log shows this...

Code:
    [29-Mar-2011 14:40:30] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function GenerateTLStaffGroupOptions() in /home/helpdesk/public_html/v4/__swift/library/Settings/class.SWIFT_SettingsManager.php(291) : eval()'d code on line 4
    [29-Mar-2011 14:44:13] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function GenerateTLStaffGroupOptions() in /home/helpdesk/public_html/v4/__swift/library/Settings/class.SWIFT_SettingsManager.php(291) : eval()'d code on line 4
    [29-Mar-2011 14:44:17] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function GenerateTLStaffGroupOptions() in /home/helpdesk/public_html/v4/__swift/library/Settings/class.SWIFT_SettingsManager.php(291) : eval()'d code on line 4
    [29-Mar-2011 14:47:16] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/helpdesk/public_html/v4/__modules/ticketlist/staff/class.Controller_TicketList.php on line 1
    [29-Mar-2011 14:47:20] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/helpdesk/public_html/v4/__modules/ticketlist/staff/class.Controller_TicketList.php on line 1
    [29-Mar-2011 14:47:21] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/helpdesk/public_html/v4/__modules/ticketlist/staff/class.Controller_TicketList.php on line 1
    [29-Mar-2011 14:47:22] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/helpdesk/public_html/v4/__modules/ticketlist/staff/class.Controller_TicketList.php on line 1
    Do you have any ideas what's gone wrong at all?

Cheers

16. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

I know what the first 3 error are, they are from trying to view the settings by going Admin CP-> Home -> Settings -> Ticket List Settings. This is a known bug but shouldn't cause the standalone to be blank.

The last 4 errors are something new. To help me pinpoint it better I'd like to ask some questions.

- What are the exact steps you follow that result in this error?
    - Are you able to view the list inside the staff cp?
    - Did you modify the default settings at all?

Thanks, and sorry that it's not working :(

17. Hybrid

Hybrid Established Member

Thanks for the ultra quick response.

I'm getting the error to appear in the log when i browse to the standalone version.
    I have just tried to view it in the staffcp and it seems to have hung - on checking the error log its produced the same error.
    [29-Mar-2011 16:30:40] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/helpdesk/public_html/v4/__modules/ticketlist/staff/class.Controller_TicketList.php on line 1

Everything is default using the latest version you've uploaded in post #48.

Thanks for the support.

18. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

hmm ok

One thing to try is to open the settings (Admin CP -> Ticket List -> Settings) and select one or more ticket statuses and departments. Save the settings and try again. I don't think that will work but it wont hurt to check.

a question about your server then.
    - Do you know if php is expecting files encoded in a ceratin format? These files are currently in UTF-8 Without BOM

I hate to say it but I'm not certain what is causing this :(

19. Nerfux

Nerfux Member

Great module! what do I need to do if my characters looks like this Ã…pen(åpen)
    Characters like øæå will start looking wierd, but in kayako they are just fine.
    is there some kind of charset i should edit?

20. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

Ah I didn't test for special character, my bad.

To fix it what you need to do is open this file:
    __swift/themes/admin_default/ticketliststandalone.tpl

Open that in a text editor and change the encoding to UTF-8 (It is currently set to ANSI). This will show those characters properly :)

Nerfux likes this.