1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed Variables in staff replies, system messages, macros, canned responses

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by MobileNow, Oct 4, 2010.

1. MobileNow

MobileNow Reputed Member

If you think this is a good idea, please +1 it. If you think it is a bad idea, please -1 it.

hi Kayako and other forum users,
    I would like to request the ability to be able to use "replacement variables" in staff ticket replies as well as auto-generated emails (such as an email from a workflow). This would allow our employees to be more friendly/more precise when using things like Macros.

For example, currently, after resolving an issue for a customer, our staff members have a precanned that looks something like this:
    ---
    I have resolved your issue. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
    ---

With replacement variables, I would be able to have a much nicer precanned that went something like this:
    ---
    Dear [Ticket.Client.Name],
    I have resolved your issue. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
    ---

When sending that ticket, [Ticket.Client.Name] would get replaced with something like "Tony Valenti" so what appears after submitting the response is something like:

---
    Dear Tony Valenti,
    ---

This can be implemented by using some simple string find/replace and will make it much easier to more personalized when dealing with customers.

2. gaz

gaz Member

+1

3. scravid

scravid Established Member

4. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

This is on the cards, but not before launch. Thanks for the suggestion

5. smrshl

smrshl Member

6. Paul_Concep

Paul_Concep Member

+1 anyway :)

7. McRox

McRox Established Member

8. NC Software

NC Software Member

Def +1 - I suggested this long ago, sorry it's not baked in already in K4

9. CentralUtah

CentralUtah Member

10. StevenSheeley

StevenSheeley New Member

11. fazewire

fazewire New Member

+1 especially in live chat

12. MobileNow

MobileNow Reputed Member

Good idea! +1 for live chat too!

13. danielgwood

danielgwood Established Member

14. Hayk

Hayk Established Member

Sure, it will be very usefull. +1

15. Carl Silver

Carl Silver Reputed Member

16. tje

tje New Member

17. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

This was suggested since v3 and they said the feature was coming in v4. I still dont see it.

This way you can have for example a predefined canned reply like:

"Hello xxxx, are you are doing today?"

And the system would replace xxxx with the customer name.

Is the only reason I dont use any canned reply because it cannot be personalized, and I hoped v4 would have this simple feature.

18. Mle

Mle Established Member

19. MobileNow

MobileNow Reputed Member

Hi Kayako,
    I was wanting to touch base and see if this feature has made it in yet. I will be upgrading our team to V4 in March and this is one of those "killer features" that we're waiting on.

I would imagine this would be implemented as a whole lot of:
    $ticketpost = str_replace("[VariableName]", "VariableData", $ticketpost)

and wouldn't be too hard to do, but I've never written code for Kayako.

If it isn't in yet, I'm anxiously awaiting the feature. :)

+1 Again. :)

20. phpcoder

phpcoder Established Member

+1

The only other suggestion I would have, related to this, would be the ability to specify the display name to be used for an associated email address. For example, if a customer emails us from support-team@domain.com I would not want to have all replies by default say:

"Hello Support Team" or "Hello [One Support Tech Name Here]" and would love to see the ability to set a display name. So, knowing this person could be any one of many people from domain.com we can have set it to say:

"Hey There," or something similiar...

The problem with automation is that it's hard to keep that personal touch and feeling... but it definitely has it's benefits as well!