1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed Variables in staff replies, system messages, macros, canned responses

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by MobileNow, Oct 4, 2010.

1. AnthonyAnderson

AnthonyAnderson New Member

+1

2. Shiva

Shiva New Member

+1 That would be awesome.

3. Alex Saavedra

Alex Saavedra Member

Hi there,

I really needed to retrieve Custom Field values upon replying to a ticket. If the ticket exists already, and involved Custom Field is filled, it is possible to retrieve its value. However, if the ticket is being created by Staff member through the "Reply" interface, then Kayako needs a hack on __apps/tickets/staff/class.Controller_Ticket.php for having the Custom Field being created before the Reply is processed.

Above mentioned hack for Kayako Fusion 4.70.2 is attached, both as a .diff file and as a modified file. Basically, the lines corresponding to inserting the custom field values were moved before the Reply is processed.

Regards,

Alex S.

Attached Files:

4. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

5. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Kayako 4.75 also sees the introduction of some case placeholders, such as first name surname, organization name and custom fields.

6. NC Software

NC Software Member

Are they available from a drop down in the TinyMCE editor? No way we're going to remember those, they need to be in a pick list.

7. alvaro.madrid

alvaro.madrid Established Member

Hi Jamie, finally placeholders are here. I have a question that is not answered in your messages or new post about the new Kayako: what happends when a field is not stored. For example take a look this post https://blog.mailchimp.com/fname-merge-tag-trick/ it's explained well what to do if I don't have the name of the user, I can use if conditions... is it possible with kayako?

Luckily, you can use MailChimp’s conditional merge tags to dynamically replace missing FNAMEs with a generic greeting, like "Hello". Just use this:

*|IF:FNAME|*Hi *|TITLE:FNAME|*,*|ELSE:|*Hello,*|END:IF|*