1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

View tickets by organization

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Nathan Underwood, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Nathan Underwood

Nathan Underwood Established Member

Me again :)
    Is there a way to see the tickets by organization? If I look at a user, I can see a tab called 'tickets' with all of the tickets for that user. Is there way for me to reliably get this data on an organizational level? I am trying to go to Tickets -> Advanced Search and search for tickets where user organization == xyz organization but the results are inconsistent (sometimes I get results, sometimes I don't, but if I search by user, the tickets show up and it shows the ticket organization as the right organization).

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Nathan,

Advanced search is the way to go, did you make sure that you had "Match ANY ( or )" and not "Match All ( and )"

Gary

3. Nathan Underwood

AHHHH, that did it. Thank you!!

4. Gary McGrath

Your welcome :)

Gary

5. tim.rs

tim.rs New Member

Hi Gary,

I appreciate it's possible to use Advanced Search to list tickets by User Organization. However since the global search function (not sure what the proper name is) is so good, it would also be *extremely* useful to have a list of tickets available in the Organization screen, with a URL like the following:

http://mycompany.helpserve.com/staff/Base/UserOrganization/Edit/9

Currently there are 3 tabs: General, Profile and Users - a 4th tab Tickets would be a good RFE...

Am I missing another simple way to do this? In eSupport v3 we had filters set up for each User Group (now Org) but that's now impractical for the number of customers we have.

Thanks,
    Tim

6. Nathan Underwood

I SOOOO agree with this tim.rs!!!

7. IreneF

IreneF Established Member

8. Peter Scott

Peter Scott Member

We've just gone live yesterday with helpdesk and this question is quite important to us. I am experimenting with creating a filter for each organisation that we use; Filters > Manage > New , and set the filter up similar to the way the advanced search is described above. It will be a bit cumbersome in that we will have all organisations in this filter list.

Wondering if there are any other methods that can be used to get this singular list out easily ?

9. Gary McGrath

Hi All,

I put together a quick change which will give a tickets tab within the manage organization screen, you will need to replace the two files attached to this post. ( please make a backup copy of your origional files before replacing )

Version: 4.51.1891
    File: class.View_UserOrganization.php
    File: class.Controller_Ticket.php

Gary

Attached Files:

Peter Scott and Drew Keller like this.
  10. nice work Gary,
    is it possible to include the user of the organization in this tab?

Regards,
    Steffen

11. Gary McGrath

Hi there Steffen,

I agree that in that view, the user's name is probably very handy to have, so I have amended the files attached to the original post to include the user name

Gary

12. FrankSmith

FrankSmith Established Member

Hi Gary

Is the Class.Controller_Ticket.php file compatible with SWIFT1339?

Showing tickets per organisation cures all manor of ills for us!

13. Gary McGrath

Hi Frank,

Not in its current form, but I have pm'd you a version of the above which is.

Gary

14. FrankSmith

FrankSmith Established Member

Hi Gary

WOW! - I absolutely LOVE IT
    Just need to get it in the next version?

We have a few organisations with 4 or 5 user and tracting tickets has been a nightmare. - not any more.

Kayako has always been a valuable tool and it is rapidly becoming indispenible.

Thanks you for this.

Frank

15. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Gary,

I take it the version above was meant to be 4.51.1891?

16. Gary McGrath

Hi Drew,

Correct, I amended the post to make it more clear :)

Frank, your welcome, glad you find it useful :)

Gary

17. Peter Scott

Peter Scott Member

Sounds like it will do the trick Gary, we are currently using 4.50.1636, and intend on updating but it won't be immediate - I assume it would NOT be recommended to use these files in a previous version ?

18. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

19. Gary McGrath

Hi Peter,

I am afraid that its not backwards compatable with that version, there was several bugs fixed in 1891, I would really recommend you upgrade to the latest version.

Gary

20. Hi Gary,
    I replaced the files and it works great.

I Think there are a few more changes in the class.Conbtroller_Ticket.php -> 'Billing Missing' if there is no worked time
    This is a nice feature, too. But is it possible to make it configurable? (just for Department A, B, C --- not for D, E, F)

Steffen