Visual Basic .Net - Creating Guest Tickets

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by Stuart Jackson, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Stuart Jackson

Stuart Jackson New Member

Hey folks,

I've been searching about, trying to find VB.Net examples for a small app I am working on that I would like to integrate ticket creation into.

The app is a diagnostics tool that creates a log file containing error information and a bit of user input (about the problem). At the moment this just uploads to an FTP server and provides the user with a number that they have to then post in a ticket.

What I would like to do is integrate this into our existing Kayako support installation so that it is able to create guest tickets, and upload this log file to the ticket as an attachment.

The knowledge base / documentation only seems to give me C# examples, which I have tried to convert but my primary language is Visual Basic .Net - I cannot easily convert this code.

Are there any documented examples where it's written in VB.Net?
    If not, would anyone be kind enough to detail what I should start with and I should be able to take it from there.

Thanks!
  2. Stuart Jackson

I'm going to bump this,

Surely someone will have some helpful information?
  3. Stuart Jackson

Anything from anyone?
  4. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

I think from the lack of response no one is using vb to interface with Kayako.

But as there is no library unless you can use the c# library (I only know basic with .net so don't know if its possible) you would have to go back to using the REST API directly.