1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

VOIP with Kayako

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by tomb100, Aug 13, 2015.

1. tomb100

tomb100 Member

I'm looking for a VOIP (ideally Skype) that I can use with kayako. Any suggestions?

tom

2. tomb100

tomb100 Member

I think a softphone would work fine. does this allow staff to make out-going calls?

3. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

KD is a sip phone client, you can use it like any other sip software client, to make and receive calls, the difference being as its KD, it will link it to a user, and optionally record the call

Gary

4. tomb100

tomb100 Member

Can you provide links to documentation? Do I need to find my own carrier for this?

5. tomb100

tomb100 Member

great. I want to use this mainly in the U.S. it should be able to send and receive calls. What vendors would you suggest?

6. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

The best way to test would be to use a trial with a hosted cloud provider, and test using KD with it, to ensure that it works ok, and that the cloud service has the features you need as a company.

Gary

7. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Kayako needs to compile a list of VoIP providers whose services work with KD.

8. tomb100

tomb100 Member

I agree. can anyone share an integrated VOIP call solution for Kayako that they are happy with?