1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Wallboard Module for V4 by Dewak

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Apr 1, 2011.

?

Do you like this module?

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    96.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Hi everyone,

We are working on a new Kayako V4 project and we want to share with you what we have so far, development is still in progress and we expect to release in the next 2-3 weeks

Basically it's a Kayako wallboard and it's going to be completely free. Wallboards are commonly used in operating/call centers to quickly diagnose the health of the help desk, they provide an overall view of the operation and allow you to detect problem areas.
    The initial version will have the following features:

- Widgets based interface, you can add/delete widgets and create your own (twitter, ticket list, escalated tickets, etc..)
    - Widgets can be repositioned using AJAX drag & drop controls.
    - Improved design and layout.
    - Built using V4 API.
    - Authentication with Kayako user/pass.

This module is going to be free and we plan to release another version for the iPad

Let us know what you think, see a screenshot below:

wallboard.jpg

Thanks to Matt Satorius (@sators) for the support, you can see his Kayako V3 wallboard at http://blog.mattsatorius.com/technology/web-design/wccc-production-systems-status-board/

2. hamish

hamish Established Member

looking very good

3. Joost Sanders

Joost Sanders Reputed Member

Yes, looking good!

4. abullen

abullen New Member

Very Cool

5. pol67

pol67 Reputed Member

Very good!

6. Nerfux

Nerfux Member

looking very good! thinking about things you maybe can add its just suggestions :)It would be nice with a small table showing average time from ticket recived to a staff user reply and average time each department have spent in chat, something like that. Maybe a daily top 5 list of visitors city, based GeoIP ->City :)
    Have you thought slideshow? so you can have 8 graphs and displaying just 4 at the time but then in a good readable size, and after 30 sec the 4 first graph slides out of the window and 4 new slides in? that would look nice on this :D

Anyway keep up the good work;)

7. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Nerfux,

Thanks for your positive comments and suggestions. This module is going to be free, open and with a widget architecture, this means that anyone can create their own widgets or boxes like a twitter feed, webcam and the ones you suggested like average response time, top 5 city visitors, average chat time, slideshow, etc...

I'm pretty sure that once this module is out the Kayako community will share their widgets and contributions to everyone in the forums.

8. Nerfux

Nerfux Member

wonderful :)

9. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi everyone,

The wallboard demo is now ready, to play with it do the following:

- Go to our demo site at http://www.dewak.com/apps/products/demo/
    - Click on the Kayako Wallboard widget
    - Login with wallboard/abcd1234
    - Enjoy :)

This is a beta version so weird things might happen, we will appreciate if you can post here or send an email with your suggestions or comments. Expect a full release of the source code at GitHub on the next days.

10. DeanV

DeanV Established Member

looks good

noticed a small bug in FireFox4 (not sure if its on other browsers)

The bottom two modules overlap the footer (see screenshot for an example).

Attached Files:

11. ffeingol

ffeingol Member

Same issue overlapping the footer in Chrome.

12. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Thanks everyone.

I reported this bug to Diego the developers of the wallboard and he will fix it on the first release on GitHub.

13. indesigns

indesigns Established Member

@dewak, excellent. love it!

14. jcorreia

jcorreia Established Member

loooking good !! thanks !

15. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi everyone,

The Wallboard module is now available at GitHub, you can download the beta version at https://github.com/dewak/Wallboard

Remember this is just a beta and we would love to hear about your comments, suggestions, bugs and further improvements.

Have a great weekend.

16. jlane

jlane Member

First off, Thanks a TON for making this available for FREE! :) I've installed it and it's working quite nicely. A few questions:
    1) I presume that the only way to access the Wallboard is by visiting http://mysite/__modules/wall_board/library/Dewak/index.php correct?
    2) Is there any way to be able to either save your credentials for Wallboard, or even better, an automatic login (hehe kind of like your DirectLogin). If we are going to truly implement this as a wallboard on a big screen, it will be running off a small fanless PC mounted to the back of the LCD, so it would be nice if we could configure the browser to load on boot and set your Wallboard as the home page...however without the auto login ability, we would have to connect to the machine to enter our credentials each time the machine reboots.
    3) I guess this one's my fault, but it doesn't display nicely with more then about 5-6 departments. I have a LOT of departments in my Fusion, so I definitely couldn't display them all in Wallboard since the text overlaps badly. However, I see that the boxes resize perfectly when I enlarge my browser, so I can't wait to try this on a big LCD with HD resolution...hopefully I'll have enough room for displaying more departments.
    4) Could you let us know what the sorting criteria is for the New Tickets and Overdue Tickets section?
    5) I just played around with the Drag and Drop module..Very Cool! I really hope you guys develop some additional modules (maybe Twitter feed, Weather, Webcam feed) like Matt Satorius' v3 wallboard so that we can truly build an all-inclusive customizable wallboard. That would really make this the ultimate freebie for us IT geeks :)

Thanks again and keep up the amazing work!

Jory

17. systemec

systemec New Member

Hello,
    When I try to install the module I get the following error:
    [Warning]: mcrypt_create_iv() [function.mcrypt-create-iv]: Cannot open source device (config/class.SWIFT_SetupDatabase_wall_board.php:89)

18. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

I am getting two errors on mine see attached screen shot..

dewakwallboard.jpg

19. trrunde

trrunde Established Member

You have to set how many new tickets and overdue tickets you want to display.

20. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

The idea is excellent and I would even pay for something like this but I dont think its called wallboard but ratter dashboard. Maybe im wrong but projecting this into a wall with a projector or with a big LCD makes more sense then calling it wallboard.

If that is the idea I think the design is ratter a little wrong here. If its for call centers and noc centers they will project this on big screens, in this case the design doesnt have to have such small text that is unreadble from far away. It has to have huge fonts that are easily projected and graphics that are easily recognozible. Just my 2 cents.

To much stuff or to tiny will not work with projectors.