1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Wallboard Module for V4 by Dewak

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Apr 1, 2011.

?

Do you like this module?

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    96.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. systemec

systemec New Member

I downloaded the latest release, running on a IIS 7.5 platform but I am getting the following errors:

New Tickets
    Invalid SQL: select * from swtickets order by dateline desc Limit (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1)

Overdue Tickets
    Invalid SQL: select * from swtickets order by duetime asc Limit (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1)

2. simond

simond Established Member

"You have to set how many new tickets and overdue tickets you want to display.", from the first page of this topic.

3. systemec

systemec New Member

Thanks for the hint. Works.

4. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

We should fix this on the next release, I'll notify Diego our developer.

Thanks for the help guys

5. ryanjcanning

ryanjcanning Member

Hi Guys,

Testing Kayako out at the moment and came across this module which is great! Just have a few small issues if you could help out :)

1 - how do i set the Ticket ID's to match the ticket numbers within kayako?
    2 - The overdue tickets area still shows tickets that are closed
    3 - Is there a way to have the Tickets x Department to only count the number of open/in progress tickets?

Cheers
    Ryan

6. quartje

quartje New Member

Hi,

I installed the module, but I don't see it anywhere, only in the installed modules list in the admin interface. Is there a settings page? Where should it be located?

Thanks,
    Bart

7. jlathrop

jlathrop New Member

8. Chris Bell

Chris Bell Established Member

this looks handy, How do I get / install it ?

Chris

9. eveal

eveal New Member

I have this installed and things seem to be working well except that no matter what I do with the settings in the right hand corner both New and Overdue are showing the same ticket but in a different order? Any advice?

Ed

10. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi eveal, Chris Bell, quartje and ryanjcanning

Diego Agudelo is the product developer and he reply to all your questions on a following post, sorry for the delay and please bear with us a little bit more.

11. Diego Agudelo

Diego Agudelo New Member

Hi eveal, Chris Bell, quartje and ryanjcanning,

Thanks for your posts the following are my comments:

Ryanjcanning Posted:
    1 - how do i set the Ticket ID's to match the ticket numbers within kayako?
    2 - The overdue tickets area still shows tickets that are closed
    3 - Is there a way to have the Tickets x Department to only count the number of open/in progress tickets?

My Comments:
    1. To do it you need to edit
    __modules/wall_board/library/Dewakdwk_renderfunctions.php. and replace "$value["ticketid"]" text for "$value["ticketmaskid"]"
    2. To do it. You need to unckeck closed status on settings tab.
    3. Actually is not way to do. unless the source code is open to new modifications like it.

Quartje Posted:
    I installed the module, but I don't see it anywhere, only in the installed modules list in the admin interface. Is there a settings page? Where should it be located?
    My Comments:
    You can access the wallboard module at www.yourkayakoURL.com/__modules/wall_board/library/Dewak/index.php

Chris Bell Posted:
    this looks handy, How do I get / install it ?
    My Comments:
    You can download it at: https://github.com/dewak/Wallboard

Eveal Posted:
    I have this installed and things seem to be working well except that no matter what I do with the settings in the right hand corner both New and Overdue are showing the same ticket but in a different order? Any advice?
    My Comments:
    It can be caused if you only have a few of tickets on the system. It ussualy happens on testing enviroments. if it's not your case please let me know.

Best Regards,

zepower likes this.
  12. eveal

eveal New Member

Diago,

We have been live with Fusion since Jan. 2011 and things show correctly there at least as far as I can tell. They are functioning well within our needs. But we do not have a great number of tickets. I have attached a screen shot that I just took. You will notice a ticket #806 test 20110719. I just submitted that ticket and it immediately shows on the Overdue side as well as the New side.

Attached Files:

13. eveal

eveal New Member

Could this be a by product of the fact that the system seems to force the "New Tickets" and the "Overdue Tickets" to have equal numbers of tickets?

Well that doesn't seem to be it because I can set them to different numbers and that seems to work.

14. Scott Knife

Scott Knife New Member

Nevermind, Myself, Ed, and a Student Assistant resolved the issue

15. eveal

eveal New Member

Well with much help from one of our Computer Science PhD candidates we have customized our installation. Here is a screenshot of what we have have done.

TTT Library LTMS Dept.jpg

16. Diego Agudelo

Diego Agudelo New Member

Hi everyone,

I want to let you know that we fixed the following issues of the Wallboard module

- PHP error messages on login page
    - Errors on Overdue tickets list

The new version is now available at GitHub, you can download it at https://github.com/dewak/Wallboard

Have a great Day,

17. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi everyone,

We are rolling out a new section on our website where wallboard users will post pictures of their wallboard setups, not a screenshot but a picture of the wallboard running on a LCD screen, big monitor or projection room etc... Something similar to what Atlassian did here http://blogs.atlassian.com/news/development-too/

It would be great if you can share those pictures with us and in return we will add a small review of you and your company, if you are interested please send me the pictures and small review to andres@dewak.com

Thanks!

18. enrise

enrise Established Member

Since I added some more ticket statusses, my Wallboard doesn't display the ticket lists anymore, also I can't make department selections, the selection field is empty :-(

[​IMG]

19. mopa

mopa Established Member

Same thing happens for my install.

20. RyanB

RyanB New Member

I was wondering if it is possible to implement this with the Kayako Fusion hosted by Kayako. If so, can you provide some direction?