1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Wallboard Module for V4 by Dewak

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Apr 1, 2011.

?

Do you like this module?

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    96.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. swilders

swilders Established Member

I'm not getting the option to install in Admin > Apps. Just says "NOT INSTALLED".

I'm running version 4.52.2234.

2. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Click on its name in admin cp > apps and ten you should see an Install button

3. swilders

swilders Established Member

That is weird. The title isn't linked (the others are) but when I looked in the source code I could see the link so copied that and managed to install it. Thanks for that.

4. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

5. drjoaquin

drjoaquin Member

Our Installed Ver 4.40.1148 I am getting this error:

select * from swdepartments where departmentid IN('11','18','12','21','9','36','31','5','34','37','25','23','27','26','28','24','32','35' ) and departmentapp='tickets' order by title asc (Unknown column 'departmentapp' in 'where clause')

After I installed the module do I need to restart Fusion?

6. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi drjoaquin, our support team already took care of your case.

Basically you were installing Wallboard for Kayako 4.52 on Kayako 4.40 and that's why you were having this problem.
    We strongly suggest you upgrade to Kayako 4.52

7. drjoaquin

drjoaquin Member

Thanks but I got it working without having to upgrade again. All I did was modify the PHP file. Works great but only seems to work properly with Firefox.

8. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi drjoaquin. Please send us the wallboard URL and we will take a look at it using Chrome and IE. Send me the info via PM or email

9. DonLapeno

DonLapeno Established Member

looks great, i have Kayako 4.40.1148 i put the wall_board into my __modules folder and it show as NOT INSTALLED under modules in Kayako Admin...

What did i miss?

10. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

you need to click on the text Wallboard and then click the install button.

Just make sure the version you are using is the one for version 4.40.1148 as you can see by the comments above

11. moba

moba Member

Hello!

Nice module. Used 4.40.* version but not see my status tickets and departments (Russian text). help solve the problem. thx!

Its OKAY! I download new version jscharts.js!

Attached Files:

12. drjoaquin

drjoaquin Member

I down loaded the most current version of the WallBoard, then installed on Fusion ver 4.40.1148. I had to modify the php file a bit but it works great! So no need to upgrade to 4.52.bla.bla.bla

13. DonLapeno

14. DonLapeno

i should be upgrading to kayako 4.53 this week so i can just add it then, and see what can be tweaked, managers will love some of this.

15. DonLapeno

Upgraded to 4.53 installed and working.

16. Peter_K

Peter_K Member

I run kayako 4.52.2417, installed the latest version ok, but there does not seem to be an option to do any settings anywhere I can find, where would this be located?

17. Sarah B.

Sarah B. New Member

I installed the Wallboard according to the directions on Kayako Forge, and it seemed to work out -- no errors.

I have a new folder called 'wallboard' in my root Kayako directory and I can access the index file in there. It's just a blank page with a background, but I assume this is because I haven't set anything up.

The problem comes when I try to access __apps/wall_board/library/Dewak/index.php

Any attempts to do so result in this browser error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I'm not sure what this means, and am hoping someone can give me a shortcut on how to correct it.

18. Chris Plapp

Chris Plapp Reputed Member

I just installed this and now see the following error after Installing:

Warning
    fopen(./__swift/files/dwk.wallboard.key): failed to open stream: Permission denied (./__apps/wall_board/config/class.SWIFT_SetupDatabase_wall_board.php:105)
    =================================================================================================================================

We are running: 4.53.2633

19. Chris Plapp

Chris Plapp Reputed Member

I can go to my wallboard url and login, but selecting any departments or statuses never returns any data. All I see is Loading Module.

20. James Stocker

James Stocker Member

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to raise this but I have noticed an issue with the wallboard wrt the length of names we are using for our departments. Since the department names are long, while they are centred on the bar they represent, because of the name length they overlap in to the next columns name (image attached). This is pretty annoying and doesn't look too great so I have been asked to fix it. Sadly I am no coder, and I am slightly (to say the least) confused about how this could be changed. I believe the file I need to change is the jscharts.js, after I de-obfuscated the code I had a brief look through, and I believe it is this function that is responsible (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):

this.ds = function (text, fontsize, eZ, fa, fb) {
    return get_textWidth(text, fontsize, eZ, fa, fb)

Sadly, at this point I am not sure exactly the best way to correct the issue. Basically, we would rather have the Wallboard figure out the width the text should be on the fly, so if we ever add a dept in the future, or remove one the wallboard would still draw correctly. Can anyone give me a hint as to the best way to change this so that the js will figure out the text width, and if it's bigger than the column width above it, it would draw that dept title on a number of lines to ensure the titles never over lapped.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files: