1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

We are looking for feedback!

Discussion in 'New Support Site Feedback' started by Gary McGrath, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

2. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Once you get over the shock of the new look and feel, then learn how it works compared to old, it seems like a much better visitor experience to me.

Select Kayako Desktop in footer menu, click on a download link and you get a "signature is not valid or file is corrupt" message using IE or Edge. Works fine with Chrome.

3. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Personally I would like the live chat icon to be a little more obvious. Currently it does not clearly state if the staff if available or not. You only come to know after you fill the form which can be a little frustrating at times. Just my 2 cents.

4. Hi

When viewing my own requests on the new support center, im not able to change priority or close the request. Guess that is possible, but just disabled? I have 4 cases that should/can be closed.

Can you change the vieworder after you log in. So that the "requests" its before "Latest updates" ?
    Does the new support center include builtin support for AD authentication or even SSO?
    I have translatet alot on the current version. Can that be used in the new version ? Or do I need to translate it from scratch? :)

And agree about the "How can we help you?". Its taking alot of space.

Im sure the new version will be nice. And I hope it will be easy to change layout and features without editing templates. Its a bit time consuming restoring templates after upgrading.

5. chrisrouse

chrisrouse Reputed Member

Is this a preview of the upcoming version of Kayako?

6. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Yes, this is the alpha1 release.

7. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Chris,

It is indeed the preview of our next major release, let us know what you think?

Gary

8. chrisrouse

I think it looks great. Literally the only feature I care about right now will be an improved knowledge base search. I'd love to hear more about the improvements made there.

9. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback Chris. We've moved our search infrastructure to ElasticSearch, which provides super fast and very accurate searching. Right now we aren't searching with partial matching (as supportskins mentioned above) - so it is matching full words only, but this will change shortly.

Something else you might be interested in is article attachments, including inline image attachments with direct upload :)

10. bear

bear Kayako Guru

What's the last numbered version without that, Jamie?

11. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

What you’re looking at is 'the new Kayako’ (no version numbers yet). We haven't made decisions about ElasticSearch and Kayako 4 right now; we're still working on the roadmap and rollout plan for the new Kayako. If you’re interested in receiving email updates, you can do so here: https://support.kayako.com/article/1085

12. chrisrouse

So for example, our users need to be able to search for things like "ad hoc" or "DMX"; neither of those return results right now. Hopefully titles are given more priority in the new searching or some kind of keyword tagging.

I can't wait to not have to upload to our server anymore, copy the link, edit the link formatting, and insert the image. Will we be able to specify where it uploads to?

13. sallebasjan

sallebasjan Established Member

I mentioned it in the other post "Kayako future updates?", but I'll write it here as well.

The 'My requests' view is just too simple. Is there plans to include more columns or info, like department, last replier, status etc and make them sortable and the possibility to filter them?
    AND
    Don't forget to include the CC recipients field when creating a ticket.

14. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

I don't understand why IRS (suggested answers) is not being deployed for chat.
    At a minimum the suggested KB articles should display as soon as you submit a question and before a visitor fills out the next form (introduce yourself).
    At a maximum the suggested article links should flow through to the chat queue and operator CP with a one-click function to send a KB link as the response to a visitor's question -- with a canned prefix such as "I believe this is the information you need".

The KB search is much improved but if you cannot leverage that through chat it is a wasted.
    If chat is your primary contact channel, visitors will often start a chat FIRST instead of looking for answers.
    IRS should be a setup option for the chat box. If enabled, suggested answers are displayed when starting a chat.
    I.E., "These might be helpful..." just like IRS works when you fill out the message box for a ticket.

15. sallebasjan

sallebasjan Established Member

16. Gary McGrath

We actually have a change coming to this, which will do just that ( suggest KB ) but the new live chat widget is not active yet on support.

We received some feedback on our initial design which we are now taking account of and doing some redesign. We cannot give a timeline, as we won't push out for beta until we are happy with the build. Hopefully once we push the next changes out we will be a step closer :)

Gary

17. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

I thought I would come back and see how things are progressing.

To see nothing new was a little concerning at this stage, however I had not been aware 4.73.2 had been released either!!

That in part is down to a design element of the new site. With five news items displayed, it looks like the first two are 'pinned' in some way, one sitting at 3 weeks old and the other at 3 months old.

Although yesterday may have been a better time to have sent this, because of todays desktop for Mac release, 4.73.2 is buried at the bottom of the news on the front page. I would never have known had I not glanced at the bottom one.

18. Gary McGrath

Hi Phil,

I can understand you were hoping to see more, and although it does not look like much is happening, we are in the middle of pretty gigantic changes, some of which have forced us to be a little slower on our new release side. A good example of that is our migration to a new platform for all on demand customers. We suffered some pretty serious DDoS attacks shortly after we released our alpha build of Kayako and this highlighted a number of issues we needed to address, the worst of which was our current data centre provider was not suitable, which as prompted a move from Softlayer to AWS. Along with the move to AWS, we also took the opportunity to improve our mail delivery, by changing from Qmail to Sendgrid. As you can hopefully appreciate, relocating our entire infrastructure from one provider to another has been a big undertaking. While all this has been happening, our product team has also been hard at work adding more abilities into our next alpha build, and are redefining the look and feel of both our help centre and our agent areas based on community feedback. And then finally, with all the above going on, we also released 4.73, and then also immediately after we had a serious security issue reported to us which required a hotfix ( it was not related to the new release, it is an issue present in all previous builds ) which we then also pushed out and hence 4.73.2.

We will hopefully have more to share soon once our feet touch the ground!

Kind regards,

Gary

19. Jørn Trebbien

Jørn Trebbien New Member

Hi Gary,

I am not receiving e-mail notifications when you guys write to me in a request.

This made me miss an important feedback message by six hours.

At the moment, I need to be logged in constantly checking the request manually several times per hour so that I do not miss out on any more feedback.

There is nothing in my junk filter and I am able to receive newsletters etc. from you guys just fine.

Best regards

Jørn

20. Jørn Trebbien

Jørn Trebbien New Member

Seems to be working now, guess someone fixed something. :)