1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

where to find most recent version downloads?

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Classic Download)' started by Roger Conroy, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

So ive discovered that a lot of my issue appears to be that im out of date, my version is only 4.6 and I understand there were some php updates in later releases that might explain why im having problems trying to do a new install on up to date os/apps.
    So my issues is simple, what is the most recent version of fusion/classis, and where do I get the appropriate files under my perpetual license?

2. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Perpetual license?
    I have three owned licenses here, but none are up to date with support, since they drastically increased prices. I can't get newer versions, and unless you have valid and up to date support, it's unlikely you can either (at least legally).

3. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

I have the files for 4.57 I thin, my server is running 4.64, the latest I believe is 4.9x... isn't that all the same release? My product is still licensed with ne expiration date. Im assuming that I am entitled to the latest, is this not correct?

4. bear

bear Kayako Guru

You'd need to ask Kayako support on that one. I'd never heard of one with no expiration date. If I go to /kayako/admin/index.php?/Base/Home/Index on my install (where "kayako is the folder it's in), it says it expired. Yours says it's not?

5. Evgeny Kuchkov

Evgeny Kuchkov Established Member

6. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

@bear, that is correct. It simply says -Never-
    Sorry for delay in response I got tasked elsewhere.

7. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Bad news, I'm afraid. Mine says that on the right hand side also, but has a giant red "Your license has expired - renew to stay up to date" notice in the middle of the window.
    expires-not.gif
    ALL licenses will show both of these things. What you're seeing is that the version listed on the right won't expire. Any version *past* that one requires an active support period at the time that was released.
    If yours is a legally obtained license, then the version it shows is the last one you are able to use. The Kayako system (presumably) won't allow editions beyond that to work.

8. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

I do not have that, the middle on mine is the alerts and parser log tabs, no such message.
    I guess it comes down to what am I entitled to have that I never got as im only 4.64.1.5058. At what point did they cut us off? What am I able to get as they would not even talk to me about this without me signing up for a new contract which I wasn't going to do if I cant even prove it can be updated effectively.
    Seems clear they really don't want us as customers anymore but im trying to save the work weve put into this a little longer but If I cant move this to an updated server my hands are going to be tied.

9. bear

bear Kayako Guru

How odd. The only reason you might not see that (guessing here) is if your installed version was obtained from someone other than Kayako directly and the check isn't happening (or is somehow being told all is well without talking to the mother ship). As far as I know any that still call home when the support period ended would show the warning. Mine did immediately on support expiry. All three, in fact.

10. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

AS far as i know it was direct. All I want to do is move this to a new server with updated OS and components and update it as far as I can, its maddening they would not give me any kind of answer.
    I don't think I can do a "migration" to a totally different OS so im assuming fresh but getting any kind of accurate documentation has eluded me.
    Its maddening, at this point im close to giving up and moving on to something else.

11. bear

bear Kayako Guru

The main points to consider are the mySQL and PHP versions in use. For the version I have, it was PHP 5.4-5.6, and mySQL 5.6.4+.
    If you have the option to run this on that PHP version, it should be possible to just take your files and database to the new box and it will simply run.
    Copy everything, including config files, to the new box, restore the database backup on the new one, and open it via browser (staff, admin or main site, not setup). If it asks to install, odds are you didn't copy the config file. If you see errors, you'd need to figure out what they're caused by.

Older PHP is'nt a long term fix, for security, but if you're running a really old Kayako version, that has it's own concerns. ;)

12. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

Hmm, after copy im getting a 500 error, im assuming permissions at play, ill dig and advise.

13. Evgeny Kuchkov

14. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

Evgeny, I think you but I thought you a troll as your last link tried to infect my test system.

15. bear

bear Kayako Guru

The installation did, or visiting that site?
    What makes you think it tried to do that?

16. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

Visiting the link he referred to, it was blocked, but it tried to do some very questionable things to my secondary system use for such things.

17. Evgeny Kuchkov

that was a pure .92 version from kayako. Not even tried to troll you :)

18. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

I believe you, but the site it was hosted on was either corrupted or otherwise infected. I would like to get the files for a test if possible but im not touching that site again :)

19. Roger Conroy

Roger Conroy Member

So after file and database copy using the listed instructions im getting the following errorsz in httpd log:

[Tue Aug 20 08:22:28.858183 2019] [:error] [pid 2482] [client 10.85.254.250:59896] PHP Warning: fopen(./__swift/logs/log.error_20_Aug_2019_deff2eba0e.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/support/__swift/library/Log/class.SWIFT_Log.php on line 407

[Tue Aug 20 08:22:28.858392 2019] [:error] [pid 2482] [client 10.85.254.250:59896] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SWIFT_Exception' with message 'Invalid data provided' in /var/www/html/support/__swift/library/Log/class.SWIFT_Log.php:531\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/support/__swift/library/Exception/class.SWIFT_Exception.php(265): SWIFT_Log->Log('Warning\\n\\nfopen(...')\n#1 /var/www/html/support/__swift/library/Exception/class.SWIFT_Exception.php(180): SWIFT_Exception::RenderError('Warning', 'fopen(./__swift...')\n#2 [internal function]: SWIFT_Exception::GlobalErrorHandler(2, 'fopen(./__swift...', '/var/www/html/s...', 407, Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/support/__swift/library/Log/class.SWIFT_Log.php(407): fopen('./__swift/logs/...', 'a+')\n#4 /var/www/html/support/__swift/library/Log/class.SWIFT_Log.php(530): SWIFT_Log->Start()\n#5 /var/www/html/support/__swift/library/Exception/class.SWIFT_Exception.php(265): SWIFT_Log->Log('Uncaught Except...')\n#6 /var/www/html/support/__swift/library/Exception/class.SWIFT_Exception.php(137): SWIFT_Exception::RenderError('Uncaught Except...', 'Invalid data pr...', '', '<div i in /var/www/html/support/__swift/library/Log/class.SWIFT_Log.php on line 531

20. Evgeny Kuchkov

have you tried:
    chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/support/
    or replace www-data to your apache user ?

it says apache cannot access log file