1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Where to get latest GeoIP Lite?

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by NC Software, Jun 9, 2015.

1. NC Software

NC Software Member

Is there a 3rd party site such as maxmind where we can get the latest geoip files on our own?

2. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

City/region location in KD was working fairly well a year ago although some entries were off.
    Now it seems 20+% of visitors are not located at all.

3. NC Software

NC Software Member

I can't get two of the items (can't remember) to update, they continue to show out of date. I have a feeling this too like OnSite will go.

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Neal,

I believe you can download them from here: http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/geolite/ ( make sure to grab the IP4 csv versions )

You will have to rename them to match the expected file names however:

GeoLiteCity-blocks.csv = cityblocks.csv
    GeoliteCity-Location.csv = citylocation.csv
    GeoIPASNum2.csv = isp.csv

Gary

5. NC Software

NC Software Member

Thanks, will give that a try

6. NC Software

NC Software Member

7. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I am not 100% sure actually, I was looking everywhere on that site and I can't see where they publish the download, they make reference to it, but there is no link to it oddly, I will see if I can find out.

Gary

8. brooky

brooky Established Member

Hi Gary, didyou find out? I've been looking for the Organisations database but to no avail. :(