iOS Will it work for us?

Discussion in 'Kayako Mobile' started by alexkim, May 4, 2012.

1. alexkim

alexkim Member

We have a modified LoginShare that does SSO for Active Directory. Internally when our users go to the helpdesk they are already logged into windows so they do not need to log in to the helpdesk. This requires windows authentication to be enabled and anonymous to be disabled. So externally when they go to the helpdesk they are prompted to provide windows credentials for IIS which then passes that information through so they get logged in to the helpdesk.

I have only just started trying the mobile app and I am entering the URL of our helpdesk (not staff or admin) and putting in my staff username and password. the message I get back is

Connection error The connection failed with the message 'The operation couldn't be completed. (unauthorized error 401....

I guess this is due to how we are set up but is there any way I can get it to work? Or am I just doing it wrong.

2. Marcel Trapman

Marcel Trapman iOS Developer Staff Member

Hi,

When you are using a '+' etc char in your password you have to wait for the next update of Kayako (not Mobile).
    If I am not mistaken it is almost there.

Otherwise please send a support email from within the app.
    It generally gives me all the info I need to give you a qualified reply.

3. alexkim

alexkim Member

I have narrowed the issue down to the fact we use windows authentication on the helpdesk, I have set the authentication for the staff area as anonymous but it still doesnt work just because windows authentication is enabled.

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Alexkim,

try turning off windows authentication on the staffapi folder

Gary

5. alexkim

alexkim Member

Gary,

Brilliant thank you that has got it working for iPhones, windows phones however come back with "Bad Request" if you have any ideas about that?

6. Gary McGrath

hmm odd, maybe the windows phone version uses the api rather than staffapi ( would be odd if it did )

try turning off windows authentication on the api folder too

Gary

7. alexkim

alexkim Member

I tried to browse to the helpdesk on the windows phone and it is unable to be displayed using internet explorer on windows phone. I wonder if thats the issue but surely it wouldnt work on windows phones for anyone

8. Gary McGrath

hmm, well if you cant browse to it at all, thats a little odd in itself, sounds like something specifically odd is happening with windows mobile, kinda hard to troubleshoot that without actually being in front of it :/

Gary

9. Adam Stiskala

Adam Stiskala Windows Phone Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test with this particular configuration yet. If you could please open a support ticket and provide some sample login details for your helpdesk I can investigate this further.

10. shahid saif

shahid saif New Member

Brilliant thanks that have got it working for iPhones, windows phones and etc. it will be useful.