X-Cart LoginShare Module

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by craigbrass, Sep 1, 2005.

1. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Hello,

I am looking to buy a second licence of Kayako eSupport but need an X-Cart loginshare implemented. I am wondering if the development team are planning this because I saw it mentoned on a post on this forum.

Best Regards,
    Craig Brass

2. Varun Shoor

Varun Shoor Chief Kayaker Staff Member

Hi Craig,
    Unfortunately we are not well aware with the X-Cart schema, If you can forward me the user table with some sample entries to varun AT kayako.com then I try implementing it.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

3. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

I have sent you what you require. Please confirm you have recieved it.

Please note that I forgot to attach it to the first one but have done to the second one lol.

Edit: Think you can get it into version 3 final?

4. cashopoly

cashopoly New Member

Yes, I too will be willing to get an additional copy of SupportSuite, but will need x-cart (current version 4.0.14) LoginShare as well.

Please let me know when this is available.

Thanks!

5. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

I have emailed Varun what he needs and asked him to try and get it into 3.0 final. Hopefully this will be the case.

6. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

I have spoken with Varun and unfortunatly he cannot implement a loginshare for X-Cart due to them not using standard MD5 encryption. He told me to pass it on to the X-Cart dev team to make the loginshare plugin which I will do later tonight so hopefully we will get one soon :)

7. junaidkhan

junaidkhan New Member

craig:
    please do update me also as i would also like the login share for X-cart .
    regards
    Junaid

8. KB1

KB1 Member

Also Interested in X Cart Lofgin share

I also have X Cart and would like thi sfeature

9. Olate

Olate New Member

Developers often don't add something if just one person wants it (not always the case!) but if a couple of people get in touch with them then it is more likely they'll add it. So I would recommend anyone who needs this feature contact the X-Cart dev's and ask them to make whatever changes are needed.

10. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

The developers have responded to me and directed me to an experianced developer who is implementing it for me. He is charging me for the loginshare plugin for X-Cart to be implemented. I will be either looking for Varun to reimberse me for the $50 that it cost me or be selling the plugin to anybody who wants it for $5-$10. I will see once the loginshare intergration has been completed.

Best Regards,
    Craig Brass

11. junaidkhan

junaidkhan New Member

hi,
    i would be willing to pay that amount but would like to know did they tell you any complications that may arise when xcart needs an upgrade.
    regards
    Junaid

12. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Well as loginshares only really use email address / username / password and as X-Cart won't be changing table / field names, I don't think it will need updating for a long while, atleast not until next summer when V5 is coming out.

If it does stop functioning with an upgrade, I will have the developer fix the loginshare and destribute it to all the people who have paid me for it.

I am hoping the developer will of finished it by atleast the end of the week.

Best Regards,
    Craig Brass

13. KB1

KB1 Member

Craig

Well-done I will be more than happy to pay for this.

Thanks
    Kerrin Banner

14. JonPeters

JonPeters New Member

I need a solution for this also. If you have one, please PM me, I'm willing to pay for it.

15. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Hello,

The developer informs me that it will be completed either by the end of this week or the start of next week.

I will contact the following people as they have shown interest in it :-
    - junaidkhan
    - KB1
    - JonPeters
    - alex1000
    - Mellco

The price will be $10 via paypal to cover the cost that it costed me to have it implemented. This is unless Varun wants to buy the intergration off me, which will mean he reimberses me what I payed ($100) and then the users would recieve it free but we will see what he wants.

Best Regards,
    Craig Brass

16. alex1000

alex1000 New Member

I'd like to see how this works out...we are using X-cart and would love this mod. But we haven't upgraded Kayako just yet. So put me down as tentative.

17. alex1000

alex1000 New Member

Actually, not that I'd mind paying the 10 bux (that's dirt cheap for such a great mod)...I think Kayako should buy this mod, and integrate it...X-Cart is a great online shopping cart...100x better than osCommerce imo. I wanted to go with osCommerce being free/opensource, but it was too complex compared to x-cart. X-cart is so much easier to use and has a much larger community.

18. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Well, the reason behind Varun not doing it himself is because X-Cart uses it's own encryption system, not the standard MD5 therefor I have had to find a developer experianced with X-Cart to have the passwords decrypted from X-Cart's own encryption and encrypted into MD5 and it is complicated, hence them charging me $100 for it.

If Varun is interested in buying it off me, I would accept 2 methods :-
    1. He pays me the $100 + $10 via paypal. $10 to cover paypal fees.
    2. He upgrades my licence of eSupport to SupportWorks for free.

If he does not want to, I will sell it to the users for the first week after I have got the xcart.login.php file at $10 and then $15 thereafter.

19. Mellco

Mellco New Member

Please contact me if you get this working, I use x-cart and would like to have the login sharing functionality too.

Thanks you.

20. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Added you to the list Mellco.