X-Cart LoginShare Module

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by craigbrass, Sep 1, 2005.

1. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Ok, I have recieved the xcart.login.php file back from the developer. I will now test it to see if it works then I will post back with if it does or doesn't work.

2. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Ok, well it needs a small amount of tweeking to get it working. I have consulted with Varun and he has agreed to buy the loginshare off me and do the tweeking. So the loginshare will be included in the next stable version of V3 and you guys will get it free!

3. alex1000

alex1000 New Member

Great. Thanks! :)

4. MisterPopularity

MisterPopularity Established Member

x-cart user here as well, would LOVE to have this.

5. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Ok, loginshare has been fixed and will be included in tonight's CVS for you guys to download. You can thank me if you like :p

6. kostia

kostia New Member

Please suggest how it is possible to integrate X-cart with Kayako. Anyone selling the mod or is it available for free to customers?

thanks

7. kostia

kostia New Member

How can we get it please

8. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Hello,

It is included with the software. Varun purchased it from me. So, when you buy the software and install it, you can configure it in the admin control panel.

Best Regards,
    Craig Brass

9. kostia

kostia New Member

Which software
    X-cart?

10. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

No, Kayako SupportSuite / Kayako eSupport.

11. kostia

kostia New Member

Could you please to forward me where it is. I have Esupport but I don't see any module or configuration option in Kayako Admin panel. Maybe there is just some file?

12. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Hmm, it may be due to which version you have. It is not included with v2, only v3 and even on v3, its only in the later versions. May I suggest upgrading to the latest version or waiting until the final version is released and upgrading to that.

13. kostia

kostia New Member

I just got the kayako a few days ago so I belive I have the latest version

14. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Just checked the latest V3 version....Its in there all right. /includes/LoginShare/xcart.login.php.

15. hooter

hooter New Member

Hi Craig,

Saw your post over at the x-cart forums regarding the LoginShare integration with x-cart. Also visited your site and saw the seamless integration with your x-cart template.

This is an awesome feature and I so want to buy SupportSuite right now :cool:

Just wanted to ask you how hard was it getting the Kayako output to mesh with your existing x-cart template?

This LoginShare interconnector option pretty much blows any other solutions I've considered out of the water!

Thanks Craig.

16. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

The loginshare just intergrates the actual login part, I manually done the template bit.

17. manolodf

manolodf New Member

I think a great future feature for this login share is in X-Cart have the ability to know if a user has a Completed Purchase Any Order status " C " in their account. If so then you can make a new user group called Customers which have paid etc and then you can limit documentation (Downloads, Troubleshooters) only to paying customers with login/password

Another one would be to search all completed orders and have their email address be a password for the downloads and the email address is any email address with a completed order.

18. Banzai

Banzai Member

I tried to setup the x-cart loginshare but it does not work. I have double checked the database settings that I entered and I am sure they are correct.

Is it correct that all that is needed to activate the module is to enter the settings in the x-cart loginshare menu, or do I have to enable it manually somewhere?

19. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

In the settings area where it lists the group, you must go into the default group and select "X-Cart" as the loginshre to use. Once you have done this, it should work fine.

20. Banzai

Banzai Member

Thank you for your help, I found the menu and it basically worked.

However, as I see it the loginshare module suffers from various shortcomings:

- you can use only one loginshare module. It is either X-cart or Vbulletin or standard Supportsuite registration. If you run both x-cart and VBulletin then you cannot use both. Also you cannot register to the SupportSuite anymore. You are forced to register with X-cart.

- if you switch to x-cart loginshare then the functionality of the support software gets decreased. Let's assume a customer submits a ticket without being registered. He gets an email that contains the link to his ticket, his email address and a random password to log in and view the ticket details.
    If you use the X-cart loginshare this does no longer work. Instead of mailing the x-cart user/pass the customer still gets the random password generated by Kayako which is useless and confusing because he cannot log in with it.