1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Zend Optimizer not installed

Discussion in 'Installation and upgrading' started by adrianhess, Sep 2, 2007.

1. adrianhess

adrianhess New Member

Hello

I get the message that my zend optimizer is not installed, when i want to install kayako. It tells me:

The component "Zend Optimizer" is not installed on the Web Server and therefore cannot service encoded files. Please download and install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge) on the Web Server.

Here are my Zend-Infos:
    This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies with Zend Optimizer v3.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

Does anyone know, what I can do?

Thanks.
  2. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

That is odd. It says you have 3.3 so that should be fine. What operating system is your server running?

You could try the IonCube version of Kayako. This is loaded dynamically so should work fine.
  3. adrianhess

adrianhess New Member

My Webserver is a Windows 2000 Server, I am running the latest version of XAMPP 1.6.3.

I also tried IonCube, but it tells me that IonCube is not installed.
  4. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Check if your server is not running multiple installations of PHP.
  6. adrianhess

adrianhess New Member

Thanks for your answers. I tried to install IonCube but it gives me error messages. I think something is wrong with my server.

How can I check, if there are more PHP-Installations on my server?
  7. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Well Add / Remove Programs would show you if they have been installed seporatly multiple times.

Have you tried reinstalling XAMPP and then reinstalling the Zend Optimizor?

Also, what errors were you getting when trying IonCube?
  8. jaylopez

jaylopez Member

Solution for Zend Optimizer error "not installed" when it is!

Hi,

I had the same error and the solution is EASY. Go to the PHP.INI (if using XAMPP go to XAMPP> Apache > bin >php.ini) and at the end of the file find the entry: zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0, and change the value to 1.

That's it, guaranteed to load your encoded files :D
  9. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Thanks for sharing that jaylopez!
  10. fatuuxa

fatuuxa New Member

Need help Zend Optimizer not installed

his file was encoded by the Zend Encoder / Zend SafeGuard Suite In order to run it, please install the freely available Zend Optimizer, version 2.1.0 or later.
    What is the Zend Optimizer?

The Zend Optimizer is one of the most popular PHP plugins for performance-improvement, and has been freely available since the early days of PHP 4. It improves performance by taking PHP's intermediate code through multiple Optimization Passes, which replace inefficient code patterns with efficient code blocks. The replacement code blocks perform exactly the same operations as the original code, only faster.
    In addition to performance-improvement, the Zend Optimizer also enables PHP to transparently load files encoded by the Zend Encoder or Zend SafeGuard Suite.
    The Zend Optimizer is a freely-available product from Zend Technologies. Zend Technologies is the company that develops the scripting engine of PHP, also known as the Zend Engine.

www.wanleshop.com
  11. FCAHS-IT

FCAHS-IT New Member

I don't see this in my php.ini file.

Running CentOS 5, Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.1.6, and Webmin 1.370....

I downloaded and installed: ZendOptimizer-3.3.0a-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz

My phpinfo() says:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
    Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies
  12. FCAHS-IT

FCAHS-IT New Member

Issue resolved.

I got it (with some help from experts-exchange). Here is the info...

Expert Comment:

Normally, Apache uses the php.ini file located in the /etc directory. /etc/php.ini You might check in your zend directory and see if during the install a php.ini file was placed there. Not being certain on where you or CentOS installed Zend, it could be
    /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini and zend may be looking at that location for the php.ini

Lastly, check your php.ini for both lines...
    zend_optimizer.optimization_level=1
    zend_extension="/usr/local/Zend/lib/Zend Optimizer.so"

Just make sure that ZendOptimizer.so is there and that its location is correct.

My Comment:

Checking /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini

I noticed this added to the end of the file:

[Zend]
    zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.0
    zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-3.3.0
    zend_optimizer.version=3.3.0a
    zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so
    zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

Adding this to the end of /etc/php.ini fixed the issue. No where do I see 'zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 1' but since it is working like this no worries.
  13. syedadeel2

syedadeel2 New Member

i am getting this error. why!!!

Fatal error: Unable to read 3318 bytes in /home2/signalce/public_html/4xeducator/support/index.php on line 0
  14. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Make sure you uploaded the files in Binary format and that your server PHP meets all software requirements.