Zip attachment issue

Discussion in '(Archive) Product related' started by bear, Apr 1, 2006.

1. bear

bear Reputed Member

If I respond to a user's request by attaching a zip file in a ticket, everything works fine if they collect this message with an email client. If, however, they read their mail using webmail (Horde in particular) it's displayed in line in the message, and there's nothing to click to download. I've checked the Horde settings, tested on another account, and any zip sent through Kayako (.32) shows as raw code in the message.
    If I send a zip (the same one) to the horde account from my mail client, it's attached and not in the message body. If I download either message using a normal email client, it's all perfect, attachment is normal and opens fine.

This leads me to think it's the encoding of the sent message from Kayako, which I believe is UTF-8, not being understood by Horde.

Any thoughts here on what I could try?
  2. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Have you tried it using any other webmail programs (SquirrelMail, RoundCube, ect) and if so is it just Horde that produces a program or do the rest do it too?
  3. bear

bear Reputed Member

The bulk of my users are using Horde, so that's the one that's important here. In addition, the fact that a zip file sent to it directly without using Kayako is fine, leads me to think it's Kayako and not Horde.
    Is it possible for you to test if this happens on your server as well, if you have the time and are willing? (use email to create ticket, respond via desk with zip, check that response in horde) If it works, what was the encoding from the headers in Horde?

No problem if you're too busy.
  4. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Hello,

I can replicate this issue. The email comes through similar to the following :-
    This happens in Squirrel Mail and Horde. Roundcube works fine. Sending via an email program like Thunderbird works fine as "bear" said.

Best Regards,
    Craig Brass
  5. bear

bear Reputed Member

Thanks Craig. I'll stick in a ticket here...and maybe a bug report for good measure.
  6. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Yea, bug report will get the dev team to notice it faster. Tickets just go to the support team.
  7. bear

bear Reputed Member

Just got a notice:
    Task #1311: ZIP files show as inline text in webmail
    The reason for closing is: Fixed
    Fixed in CVS

Thanks Kayako. :D
  8. Varun Shoor

Varun Shoor Chief Kayaker Staff Member

No Problem :)

Regards,

Varun Shoor